Mnesia and Oracle

Hans Bolinder hans.bolinder@REDACTED
Tue Aug 15 16:21:36 CEST 2006

> Mnesia's dets tables work reasonably well, even with huge data sets. The
> problem(s) starts when you start deleting records -- free list grows to the
> point that (IMHO) takes quite a long time to write it to disk. This becomes
> more obvious when one uses a lots of fragments. Thus, even if you shut the
> database regularly, it might corrupt few fragments. My guess: mensia
> controller does not give enough time to all dets processes (one per
> fragment) to flush their respective free lists to dist.
--text follows this line--
Could you please describe the symptoms a little bit more and, if
possible, how to reproduce what could be a bug in Dets.

How do you delete objects (delete_object, match_delete, select_delete)?
What are the error message(s) you get when the problems start?

Best regards,

Hans Bolinder, Erlang/OTP