Victory? (was Re: Mac Intel)

Mikael Pettersson mikpe@REDACTED
Tue Aug 15 14:15:31 CEST 2006

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:58:44 +0100, Joel Reymont wrote:
> On Aug 15, 2006, at 12:20 PM, Mikael Pettersson wrote:
>
> > Another solution is to change hipe_x86_glue.S to create an aligned
> > C stack frame with a
> > suitably large parameter area preallocated at the bottom of the frame.
>
> How would you determine the size of the parameter area?

Based on the largest number of parameter to a BIF, which we
find via the arity information in hipe_x86_bifs.m4. I think
5 is the largest arity we need to handle.

> Also, when do you think you guys will get to this? I hear the HiPE
> team is undefunded these days, thus my asking.

As soons as the patches land in our mailboxes. Doing a review,
regression testing, and cleanup of the things we can test isn't
that much work.

> I might
> tackle the stack alignment eventually, if you don't get to it.

I'll handle that bit.