HiPE and SIGFPE

Anton Berezin tobez@REDACTED
Tue Aug 15 09:43:47 CEST 2006

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 08:50:11AM +0200, Mikael Pettersson wrote:

> >I have been looking at the code in sys_float.c for several days now
> >and all it seems to do is recover from the exception. It also seems
> >to signal the FP exception to the current process, is that right? Is
> >this the only purpose of handling SIGFPE?
>
> Yes. The exception handler sets the flag that will be inspected at
> the end of the current FP block, and then does whatever is necessary
> to resume the application. That's all.

On a related note, there seems to be something wrong with FP exception
handling code on amd64 (I am using FreeBSD port of Erlang, r11b0).
Basically,

1/0.

just hangs eating 100% CPU.  It produces an exception, as expected, on i386.

Is there more information you might want to debug the problem?

\Anton.
--
We're going for 'working' here. 'clean' is for people with skills...
-- Flemming Jacobsen