HiPE and SIGFPE

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Mon Aug 14 15:19:26 CEST 2006

Mikael,

On Aug 12, 2006, at 11:16 AM, Mikael Pettersson wrote:

> Unless you disable floating-point code generation
> by passing no_inline_fp to the HiPE compiler, HiPE will generate
> code that relies on the floating-point exception mechanisms in the
> runtime system.

How does HiPE reply on floating-point exceptions? Does this introduce
a significant advantage of some sort?

I have been looking at the code in sys_float.c for several days now
and all it seems to do is recover from the exception. It also seems
to signal the FP exception to the current process, is that right? Is
this the only purpose of handling SIGFPE?

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/