Mac Intel

Mikael Pettersson mikpe@REDACTED
Sun Aug 13 12:44:11 CEST 2006

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 00:07:09 +0100, Joel Reymont wrote:
>On Aug 12, 2006, at 10:23 PM, Mikael Pettersson wrote:
>
>> The fpe-test.c code embedded in erts/configure.in shows how
>> to enable and catch floating-point exceptions for a number of
>> CPU/OS combinations.
>
>Now that I figured this out, I should fix both the test and the
>implementation in sys/unix/sys_float.c, correct?

Yes.

>Also, what is the purpose of the test code in configure? I assume it
>sets a flag but the code in sys_float.c seems to duplicate the test
>code.

The test code is there to tell the system at build-time whether it
can rely on fp exceptions or not. The sys_float.c code is the real
implementation (only enabled if the test succeeded) which also has
to deal with integration in the Erlang runtime system and a few other
issues. So they're similar but different.