Mac Intel

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Sun Aug 13 01:02:19 CEST 2006

On Aug 12, 2006, at 10:23 PM, Mikael Pettersson wrote:

> The fpe-test.c code embedded in erts/configure.in shows how
> to enable and catch floating-point exceptions for a number of
> CPU/OS combinations.

This is obvious in retrospect but it was a pain in the rear and took
me a day to find out. The Intel Core Duo processors have SSE2 and
these also need to be unmasked for floating-point exceptions to be
trapped. Simply unmasking x87 is not enough.

I'll fix this up, rebuild HiPE and re-run all the tests. If
everything goes well then I'll generate the patches.

--
http://wagerlabs.com/