Video Streaming Server

lang er erlangist@REDACTED
Sat Aug 12 20:04:24 CEST 2006

Thank you for your suggestion.

Do you mean a C program reads video stream from device and transfer
data to Erlang server using local socket, then Erlang server streams
video data to client?

In surveillance system, QoS( network delay especially) is very import,
I think your solution may introduce some additional network delay .
Normally, 200-500 ms is acceptable, I will write a prototype to test
it.

I wonder if this is the standard way Erlang program use external SDK.
I have read some posts in this list, and got a impression that Erlang
is used in telecommunication device systems and hardware controller
programs. Don't they need interact with SDK(dynamic linked library)?

Best Regards!
James

在 06-8-12,David Hopwood<david.nospam.hopwood@REDACTED> 写道: