Commercial Mac IDE

Ryan Rawson ryanobjc@REDACTED
Sat Aug 12 09:11:56 CEST 2006

Eclipse is not really a great environment to develop plug-ins for.
Lots of verbose structure (well it _IS_ Java after all), and lack of
documentation for many core/fast changing features.  For example I
wrote an Eclipse plugin to handle classpath derived from a custom
build dependency system.  Well it turns out Eclipse doesn't handle
dynamic classpaths well, and there certainly isn't any documentation
on how to do anything more advanced than add static strings to a class
path (useless) or handle dynamicism.  The eclipse plugin development
classpath dependency has the same problems and it handles them just as
poorly.

Also Eclipse is teh slow.  Emacs feels like a speed demon.

I would never use any IDE based on Eclipse again for non-Java languages.