Mac Intel

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Thu Aug 10 14:28:09 CEST 2006

I'm stuck on one last bit at the end of hipe_x86_bifs.m4:

noproc_primop_interface_0(nbif_handle_fp_exception, erts_restore_fpu)

My understanding from reading erts/emulator/sys/unix/sys_float.c is
that there's no erts_restore_fpu on Darwin and that a sequence of
steps related to pthread and mach is used instead.

I think I should change the following bit in sys_float.c to pick up
Darwin on Mac Intel:

/* Is there no standard identifier for Darwin/MacOSX ? */
#if defined(__ppc__) && defined(__APPLE__) && defined(__MACH__) && !
defined(__DARWIN__)
#define __DARWIN__ 1
#endif

I would just remove the __ppc__ conditional above and do this in
hipe_x86_bifs.m4:

ifelse(OPSYS,darwin,
``'',
noproc_primop_interface_0(nbif_handle_fp_exception, erts_restore_fpu)
)dnl

Would it correctly take care of the erts_restore_fpu issue?

	Thanks, Joel