Mac Intel

Mikael Pettersson mikpe@REDACTED
Thu Aug 10 13:35:05 CEST 2006

Joel Reymont writes:

 > On Aug 10, 2006, at 10:58 AM, Mikael Pettersson wrote:
 >
 > >> My linking problems stems from doing GLOBAL($1) instead of GLOBAL
 > >> (ASYM
 > >> ($1)) but I'm wondering if underscore only needs to be added for
 > >> Darwin.
 > >
 > > It should certainly not be added for Linux/x86 or Solaris/x86.
 >
 > No, I have it conditionally defined, just like for Darwin/PPC.
 >
 > My next question... How do I run the HiPE test harness to make sure
 > my mods are proper?

The first step is to verify that the system can bootstrap itself when
HiPE is enabled, i.e. that HiPE's runtime support doesn't break BEAM.
Do this by making a full build in a freshly unpacked Erlang/OTP source
tree to which you've applied whatever patches you need.

I assume you're working on the R11B-0 code base? If so, download
<http://www.it.uu.se/research/group/hipe/snapshots/tests-0514.tar.gz>,
unpack the tarball, cd into it, and run ./testsuite.sh <path to your OTP directory>.
If that works, you can then try ./testsuite.sh --only compiler_tests <path to OTP>.