raw file write from non-owning thread

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Tue Aug 8 08:24:11 CEST 2006

On 2006-08-07 21:14, Reto Kramer wrote:
...deleted
> Can someone help me understand how I can write to a raw file from a
> process other than the one that opened the file?

it could be impossible. from the documenation:

raw
     The raw option allows faster access to a file, because no Erlang
process is needed to handle the file. However, a file opened in this way
has the following limitations:

         * The functions in the io module cannot be used, because they
can only talk to an Erlang process. Instead, use the read/2 and write/2
functions.
==>     * Only the Erlang process which opened the file can use it.
         * A remote Erlang file server cannot be used; the computer on
which the Erlang node is running must have access to the file system
(directly or through NFS).

bengt
--
    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides
    solely in a computer program then the subject matter is not