erland editor

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Wed Aug 2 22:17:43 CEST 2006

On 2 Aug 2006, at 20:23, Torbjorn Tornkvist wrote:

> BLANCHARD Walter ORANGE-FT wrote:
>> hi everyone!
>> I'd like to know if there's an editor/ compiler for erlang. I know
>> emacs is here, and that eclipse
>> gets its erlide, but i'm looking for a really dedicated one.
>
> If you want an editor that is written in Erlang then you
> have 'ermacs' in jungerl. It works pretty neat together
> with the Erlang ssh-server (ssh into an Erlang shell,
> invoke ermacs, edit, compile, etc...).
>
> Otherwise, I recommend Emacs + distel (jungerl).

Absolutely agree. I would also recommend distel. It was written by
one of the main hackers of the SLIME mode for lisp - widely regarded
as the best emacs language mode.

One very neat trick is to hot load your newly compiled module into
the target test system with a quick Emacs keystroke.

It also supports interactive debugging in the target system, code
completion etc etc.

Almost worth learning how to use Emacs for :-)

Sean