Simple DB Access

Yariv Sadan yarivvv@REDACTED
Tue Aug 1 14:21:54 CEST 2006

ejabberd actually has the ejabberd_odbc module, which nicely wraps the
MySQL, Postgres and ODBC drivers in a single API (with connection
pooling too IIRC). The ejabberd code is GPL'd though, so mixing it
with non-GPL'd code can be problematic. (The developers may be willing
to make a license exception for that module -- I'm waiting to hear
back from them.)

At any rate, I agree 100%. Erlang should have a generic API for
relational database access with adapters for specific databases.
Whether it's the ejabberd module or something else is less relevant :)

Cheers
Yariv