EPL vs GPL; was: EUnit 2.0 alpha testers wanted

Roger Price rprice@REDACTED
Sun Apr 23 15:02:03 CEST 2006

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Pupeno wrote:

> [1] I would hesitate to use a library that is not GPL-compatible ...

Lots of people assume that since the Mozilla license is not
GPL-compatible, and since the EPL was inspired by Mozilla, then EPL is not
compatible with GPL.  This may be true under US federal law, but is it
true under Swedish law?  Swedish law and IP practice are different to that
of the US, and until I hear a Swedish IP lawyer giving an informed legal
opinion, the question of compatibility for me is still open.

Roger