SERVAL: a new free sofware project developed in Erlang

Fco. Javier Morán Rúa jmoran@REDACTED
Fri Sep 16 10:42:39 CEST 2005

Hello,

        I write this mail to present to the Erlang community a new
project which is being developed in Erlang. Its name is SERVAL and
Igalia, the company which initiated it and main sponsor of the project,
already talked about it in the Erlang/OTP User Conference 2004 -
http://www.erlang.se/euc/04/ -.

	SERVAL is an R+D project whose aim is to assess the feasibility of a
system to create VLANs using a software server through Internet. It is a
free software project licensed with GPL whose project page is
http://serval.igalia.com . You can visit this page and there you will
find all related information about the project: documentation, the
instructions to download the CVS repository, the releases published in
tgz, how to install SERVAL.

        At the moment, there is a first functional prototype which can
be installed following the instructions in
http://community.igalia.com/twiki/bin/view/Serval/UserDocumentation. So,
I would like to encourage you to download SERVAL and test it. We have
also a SERVAL list at Sourceforge.net -
https://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=121962 -and you can subscribe to
it.We would be pleased to know through this list if you have had
troubles installing it, what features you would like to incorporate
to the project, if you are interested in collaborating somehow with
SERVAL or another issue you want to comment us.

--
Fco. Javier Morán Rúa <jmoran@REDACTED>
IGALIA S.L.