rr(Mod) in the shell

chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Wed Sep 7 18:20:09 CEST 2005

On 07/09/05, Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) <ulf.wiger@REDACTED> wrote:

> I've been thinking (but haven't been able to verify)
> that the shell should be able to detect and cope with
> the issues of running as remote shell.
>
> Every once in a while, very strange things happen when
> running as remote shell. This violates the principle
> of least astonishment, but perhaps not enough people
> use this feature to raise enough complaints about it?

I agree. I use this feature and the only strange thing I've
encountered is that output messages are not printed to the remote
shell being used - it is instead printed to the local shell i.e the
shell which is local to the node - and this does reduce it's
usefullness quite a lot. I never complained either.

Chandru