Undocumented {packet,http} and gen_tcp:recv/3 timeout

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Mon Oct 31 21:25:27 CET 2005

Guys,

  I am play with Sean's code from 'A fast web server demonstrating
some undocumented Erlang features' over at trapexit. As I have been
playing with this I have come across something I have a question
about.  The gen_tcp:recv/3 will wait until the set timeout unless
headers are sent with the request. Is this the correct behavior? Is
the proper way to handle this to set some low value for the timeout
argument?

Thanks for your input,
 Eric