Inets HTTP client stability

Heinrich Venter heinrich@REDACTED
Thu Oct 27 14:34:21 CEST 2005

Hi all.

I am about to develop an app that will act as an http gateway for some
of the services we are running.  For the incoming http requests I plan
to use httpd from inets.  For the outgonig leg it would thus make sense
to use the http client from inets.
My question is wether any one else is using the inets http client for
medium to high volume outgoing traffic?  I know of two instances where
people chose to create a java node to make http connections, instead of
using inets.
Is it worth the risk to try the inets solution first, or should I budget
the time to make a java node and try to upgrade to inets later?
Any one with experience in this regard?

The requirements for the http client will be that many connections will
be made to a series of speciffic URLs.

-]-[einrich