indexing ejabberb xml messages -jeai

bryan rasmussen rasmussen.bryan@REDACTED
Wed Oct 26 15:32:17 CEST 2005

We should be getting ahold of a google Web appliance in here
http://www.google.com/enterprise/ what I'm thinking about is using it
to crawl the jeai installation. It can do a normal http crawl with
security restrictions because I can give it an administrator's
password username to allow it to do the crawl. The thing I'm wondering
about is, is the xml content of messages findable? i.e. as more than
escaped xml in a pre tag under the message trace side of a user.

Another solution would be to use the google desktop crawler to do
indexing, but that's not preferable as I don't want to run the JEAI on
Windows, and the Google Desktop is very resource hungry.