Erlang reference card?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Mon Oct 10 12:01:08 CEST 2005

ke.han writes (five months ago):

 > I often find the Erlang docs to be lacking usage examples and common
 > answers which may or may not be found through mail list archives.
 > Attaching user feedback to the original docs may help.
 > I have seen posts on this mail list before asking how the Erlang docs
 > are generated.  No answers where given.  If its not too hard, perhaps a
 > MySQL like onlike doc facility can be added to trapexit.
 > thanks, ke han

I'm cleaning out my 700-question backlog in erlang-questions, and I
came across the above. I don't think anyone answered the implied
question.

Here's what I think I know:

  - the source for the official Erlang documentation (manpages,
    reference manual, etc.) is some SGML format

  - the SGML source is not distributed with open source Erlang.
    I don't know if this is for practical or business reasons.

  - the tools which transform the SGML into HTML (and PDF) are
    "non-free".

Regardless of how it's all put together, maintaining the official
documentation must be a huge job. I'm happy that someone at OTP takes
care of it for us.

Matthias