idx-tsunami on Windows XP?

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Wed Oct 5 22:39:52 CEST 2005

bryan rasmussen wrote:
> > has anybody tested IDX-Tsunami on Windows XP? If so what have your
> > experiences been, any quick installation pointers?
> >
> > Am wondering if it would make more sense for me to try to put linux
> > under my vmware or to proceed with trying to install on my vmware
> > windows. Would prefer to not have to install linux first as my last
> > linux install under my current vmware did not go too well.

Hello,

We did not at all try to make Tsunami work under Windows. We think about
starting to "port" it slowly, but it has some dependancies so will not
make simple and quick. For example, it use the slave module to start
distant node for clustering benchmark. This is not working on Windows,
from what I understand.
If we put clustering apart, this will be a little bit easier.

I have a collegue that has set-up a VMWare to do its benchmarking. His
feedback is that it work well. Better than other tools, without the
VMWare layer.

Please, let me know if we can help you getting started.

Cheers,

--
Mickaël Rémond