xmerl and entity references

Lennart Östman lennart.ostman@REDACTED
Wed Oct 5 10:25:39 CEST 2005

Hi

We are using xmerl 0.17. I believe my question is
also valid for the latest xmerl version.

We have some problem with the fact that XML input with
entity references (amp, lt etc) will generate a deep list.

As stated in comment above scan_entity_ref/2 in xmerl_scan.erl:

"At some suitable point, we should flatten these, so that
application-level
processors should not have to be aware of this detail."

Is that about to be implemented?

If not, we see two solutions for us (application-level processors) right
now:
1. Traverse the xmerl tuple once again and flatten "everything".
2. Only flatten a few specific values

About nr 1: Is their a function that traverse a generic xmlElement()
tuple?

Any input are appreciated.

Best regards
Lennart Östman