maximum number of simultaneous SSL connections ???

vipin vipin@REDACTED
Mon Oct 3 12:46:55 CEST 2005

Hi all !!!

What is the maximum number of simultaneous SSL connections on Linux
system ?
I've a erlang process which runs as a TCP server, the server listen on a
defined port and spawns up a new child process to handle each client
request. When the server is hit hard, the clients receive an
'esslconnect' error. Server stops creating any new  SSL connection after
it reaches a limit of 1018 even after setting the 'ulimit -n 10000' for
the current shell.

I'm getting the same error even after setting the 'ERL_MAX_PORTS' to
some number (say 10000).

Your suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers,
Vipin