Partial SSL

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Sat Oct 1 09:44:53 CEST 2005

Folks,

There's a way to do SSL where you do the initial handshake and then
enable/disable encryption of the connection at will. This is possible
with OpenSSL but is it possible with Erlang's implementation?

I need this for a poker protocol. The folks who built it in C++
apparently realized that going SSL all the way generated too much
traffic for them so they handshake and then enable SSL for their most
important packets.

 From my reading into SSL I think the server sends the public key,
the client uses that to encrypt its block/session key (asymetric
encryption) and once the server decodes the session key using its
private key the session key is used from then on.

Maybe I could just implement the handshake in Erlang with my modified
crypto driver and skip the SSL module. What do you recon?

     Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/