quoting

Vlad Dumitrescu XX (LN/EAB) vlad.xx.dumitrescu@REDACTED
Tue Nov 29 11:47:07 CET 2005

Hi,

> Change 1 - to io_lib.erl  print binaries containing strings
> as <<"abc">> as <<"abc">> and NOT
>            <<97,98,99>>

I think this is nice, but... It is already a little tricky to get the
proper formatting when handling lists of integers vs strings. Now it
will be the same with binaries.

I'd like to suggest (like so many before me) that a proper string type
is introduced. I realize this is more difficult than it looks
(especially wrt old code), but I think that it would be one of those
added feature that doesn't require removing something else in order to
preserve simplicity.

Regards,
Vlad