bug in inets or erlang!

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Sat Nov 26 17:04:26 CET 2005

Hi,

I started off by wondering why universaltime_to_localtime() doesn't
work for the date you gave. The relevant files are
erts/emulator/beam/bif.c and erts/emulator/beam/erl_time_sup.c. In
univ_to_local(), there's a rangecheck on the year. If it's less than
BASEYEAR, the call fails. BASEYEAR is 1970. Real men don't read
manuals, but it'd help all the sissies like me if the manual gave a
clue about that.

The other question is easier to answer---your trace provides all the
information. inets calls univeraltime_to_localtime/1 with an argument
from 1969 because the file you tried to get inets to serve has a
modification time from 1969. Take a look at the log to see which file
it was.

Matthias