inets & PHP

Corrado Santoro csanto@REDACTED
Fri Nov 25 08:39:17 CET 2005

Sanjaya Vitharana wrote:
> Since, inets in the official erlang doc I thought that.
>
> No, not tried yaws yet.
>
> I think we can create something like mode_php to support PHP on inets. Are
> anybody already did that ?
If you want a feature like that of PHP, but with Erlang, I think it's
better to use YAWS, since it allows you to embed Erlang code in HTML
pages (like PHP but using Erlang as programming language). It is very
powerful and you can exploit the whole Erlang runtime library.

For me, using inets+PHP is something useless: for example, what is the
advantage of inets+PHP with respect to Apache+PHP?

Ciao,
--Corrado

Eng. Corrado Santoro, Ph.D.

University of Catania - Engineering Faculty
Department of Computer Science and
Telecommunications Engineering
Viale A. Doria, 6 - 95125 CATANIA (ITALY)

Tel: +39 095 7382380
      +39 095 7387035
      +39 095 7382365
      +39 095 7382364