anyone know of a tool which can generate chunked HTTP/1.1 _requests_?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Mon Nov 21 23:41:14 CET 2005

chandru writes:

 > I've patched ibrowse to be able to do this.

TYVM

 > Just out of curiousity - why do you need the client sending
 > chunked data?

I extended an HTTP server I wrote to handle chunked requests. As a
sanity check, I wanted to try it with an implementation beyond my own
test code.

It turns out that my implementation and ibrowse have at least one bug
each. RFC 2068 says:

   Messages MUST NOT include both a Content-Length header field and the
   "chunked" transfer coding. If both are received, the Content-Length
   MUST be ignored.

ibrowse sends it and my server fails (failed) to ignore it. Thanks.

Matthias