Attention Debian Users - Erlang 10.b.8 tests

François-Denis Gonthier neumann@REDACTED
Wed Nov 2 21:23:54 CET 2005

Hello all,

I've been working on the new upstream release of the Debian Erlang packages.
As per requests of some users in the past, the package has been split in 3.
GS based applications are now in their own package called erlang-x11 and
application that don't need GS in erlang-nox.  Erlang-mode is now in it's own
package too.

Transition should be easy once the package are uploaded to the main Debian
archive but I still need to check that with some experts.

In the meantime, I need to check if it works for everybody.  Debian users
interested in the new version can get the .debs at:

http://neutronic.mine.nu/unstable

or through apt by adding:

deb http://neutronic.mine.nu/ unstable/
deb-src http://neutronic.mine.nu/ unstable/

to /etc/apt/sources.list

and do:

apt-get install erlang=1:10.b.8-1 erlang-base=1:10.b.8-1

to upgrade their current packages.  I know this last command line is awkward
but I needed to explicitely specify the version of each packages to upgrade
on my system.  There may still be an error in the control files for the
upgrade.  That is what I need to check with an expert.

I would also be grateful if someone not using an i386 could try to compile the
package.

I will take bug report directly or on the mailing list.

Thank you for your attention.

François-Denis Gonthier