Orber server and client test

Niclas Eklund nick@REDACTED
Fri May 27 22:00:16 CEST 2005

Hello Heinrich!

To begin with, Orber support several ways of debugging user applications.
You can set the following configuration parameters:

 * orber_debug_level 10

 * interceptors {native, [orber_iiop_tracer_silent]}

You can read more about these parameters via:

http://www.erlang.se/doc/doc-5.4.3/lib/orber-3.5.3/doc/html/ch_install.html#5

http://www.erlang.se/doc/doc-5.4.3/lib/orber-3.5.3/doc/html/ch_debugging.html#14

The latter also include a FAQ section about common mistakes.

The way you described the problem, I guess that your currently using
Orber<->Orber communication with the same 'domain' variable set (default
is "ORBER")?! The easiest way to find out the current configuration is to
invoke orber:info().

/Nick

PS This link will probably also come in handy:

http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200302/msg00437.html
You should also consider using Orber Light IFR (see Orber Environment
Flags) and the IC compile option {light_ifr, true} to reduce compile time
and memory usage.

DS

> Hi
>
> I am busy writing an application that eventually will use CORBA to
> communicate with a server hosted by an external orginisation.  In order
> to test my application I am writing a simple server simulator.  I have
> run into the following oddity.
>
> I start the server and create an object.  I retreive the IOR of this
> object with corba:object_to_tring(Obj), since this is the way I will
> interface with the external server.
> I then use this IOR to create an object in my application.  When I use
> this object in my application, I get an exception:
> {'OBJECT_NOT_EXIST',[],1163001856,'COMPLETED_NO'}
>
> On my client side, the result of corba_object:is_remote(Obj) is false,
> which is not correct if I understand things correctly.
>
> To creat the object I simply to Obj = corba:string_to_object(IOR).
> When I do the corresponding 'RAB_Manger':executeTransaction(Obj,
> Request) I get the exception mentioned before.
>
> Am I doing something obvious wrong or missing a step?
>
> -]-[
>

> Alt = iFind – Visit our website here
> http://asp1.rocketseed.com/RocketSeed/mail/433a32353a313332363937383a33303639373a2d323a353137
>
> Launchpad - View our website here
> http://asp1.rocketseed.com/RocketSeed/mail/433a32353a313332363937383a33303639373a2d323a333738

We Are The ORBs. Resistance Is Futile. Prepare To Be Assimilated!
This communication is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been
sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to
this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it.
Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption,
interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses,
and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are
not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment,
tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.