Abstract Modules (was Re: erl_eval.erl : Mucho weirdness)

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Wed May 25 13:36:08 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Hinde" <sean.hinde@REDACTED>
> I would like to see the introduction of a "Named Abstract Module".
> This could be as simple as an abstract module which once initialised
> can only be called by its normal name. This could usefully have
> "qssign once" semantics - once initialised it would be illegal (throw
> exception) to re-initialise it.

This can easily be implemented like for any data that needs to be accessible
by name from anywhere: store {Name, Data} in a global ets table.

Or do you mean that there should be a way to use the name (atom) as a
regular module name in function calls, and the name-to-module translation
should be done behind the scenes?

regards,
Vlad