Erlang/OTP R10B-5 has been released

Alexey Shchepin alexey@REDACTED
Thu May 12 15:52:37 CEST 2005

Hello, Matthias!

On Thu, 12 May 2005 06:56:47 +0200, you said:

 ML> Alexey Shchepin writes:
 >> Is this bug fixed in R10B-5?
 >>
 >> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.erlang.patches/108

 ML> I downloaded R10B-5. The file inet_db.erl has not changed, so your patch
 ML> hasn't been applied. I can't determine whether the problem has been fixed
 ML> some other way or not because I can't reproduce your problem on R10B-4 and
 ML> R9C

[...]

 ML> inet_res:getbyname("_xmpp-server._tcp.centova.net", srv).
 ML> {error,nxdomain}

This domain is no longer have CNAME refer to itself, but I've just created
cname-cycle.sevcom.net domain, so this bug can be reproduced using it:

$ erl -name test
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.4.6 [source] [hipe]

Eshell V5.4.6  (abort with ^G)
(test@REDACTED)1> inet_res:getbyname("cname-cycle.sevcom.net", a).
(CRASH)

$ host cname-cycle.sevcom.net
cname-cycle.sevcom.net is an alias for cname-cycle.sevcom.net.