Newbee questions about using, compiling and running Erlang module

yerl yerl@REDACTED
Wed May 11 00:02:04 CEST 2005

Hi Jim!

There is a plenty of good tutorials on the web.

1) The best IDE is emacs in my opinion (there is an erlang mode for
emacs). But any text editor is ok.
2) You can start with simple examples from here:
http://www.erlang.org/examples.html
3) A lot of books and tutorial in english and a very good book in french:
http://www.erlang-projects.org/Public/documentation/books/view
4) After that, have a look to some cool advanced stuffs at:
http://www.sics.se/~joe/erlang
http://www.trapexit.org/
http://www.erlang.org/user.html  (learn a lot by reading the code of others)

Of course, you need to compile your .erl before (erl -make). But escript
module allows you to exec
your code like any  shell|perl|awk script.

good luck
/yerl