ex11 widget standardization

Peter-Henry Mander erlang@REDACTED
Tue May 10 11:19:46 CEST 2005

Hi Joe,

Another (potential) ex11 user here. I wonder what happened to ex11 since
the day you mentioned a wish back-end?

I'm having trouble getting the latest snapshot I have
(ex11-latest-snapshot-2004-09-09.tgz) working on an AMD64 laptop. It
works well on a i386 platform with Kostis' HiPE snapshot
(otp-20050202-1824.tar.gz).

Admittedly the AMD64 machine has some niggles, SuSE 9.2 on AMD64 doesn't
seem to be well tested.

I get the following output ...

Eshell V5.4.3  (abort with ^G)
1> erl -pa '../lib' -pa '../unixdom-0.1/ebin/' -s example0 start
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.4.3 [64-bit] [source] [hipe]

Trying Host=unix Display=0 Screen=0
Connecting to unix domain socket:0
Eshell V5.4.3  (abort with ^G)
1> Port opened sending cookie:
Trying Host={ip,"localhost"} Display=0 Screen=0
Connecting to tcp port:6000
cannot connect reason:econnrefused
Trying Host={ip,"localhost"} Display=0 Screen=0
Connecting to tcp port:6000
cannot connect reason:econnrefused
Trying Host=unix Display=0 Screen=0
Connecting to unix domain socket:0
Port opened sending cookie:

... at which point it just sits completely still.

I noticed this was described before on erlang-questions. Was there a
work-around?

Pete.

--
"The Tao of Programming