MacOSX 10.4 Erlang problem

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Thu May 5 19:43:51 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am currently trying to make Erlang run on MacOSX (Tiger) version,
and I encountered several problems:
- I first try to run the Erlang REPOS version that is reported to run
on the previous version of MacOSX (10.3), but I get the following error:

-=-=-=-
louxor-erlang-fr-org:/Volumes/REPOS mremond$ ./start.sh
{error_logger,{{2005,5,5},{19,26,22}},'~s~n',['Bad input fd in poll
()! fd,port,driver,name: 0,85,tty_sl,tty_sl -c -e\n']}
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.4.4 [source] [threads:0]

=ERROR REPORT==== 5-May-2005::19:26:22 ===
Bad input fd in poll()! fd,port,driver,name: 0,85,tty_sl,tty_sl -c -e
-=-=-=-
The user process cannot start, from what I understand, so I cannot
type anything from the console (Only Ctrl-c to switch to break mode,
and leave).
Erlang seems to be working otherwise (for example, erlc is working
fine).

When I try to compile Erlang, I end up with the same problem.
I encounter a small minor problem when compile the ssl application. I
had to disable the example certificate generation, as openssl does
not like the .cnf file that are used as configuration file (and thus
lead to a port crash and hang forever).

I will investigate further, but in the mean time, if you have any
idea on how to solve the problem, it will probably be a valuable help.

Cheers,

--
Mickaël Rémond