Automatic node discovery

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Mon May 2 14:03:27 CEST 2005

One way to achieve this, if you're going to use mnesia
anyway, is to have all nodes use this in their sys.config:

[{mnesia, [{extra_db_nodes, MasterMnesiaNodes}]}].

where MasterMnesiaNodes are the (perhaps 2 or 3) nodes that
have the disk-based database schema. All other nodes become
diskless mnesia nodes, and can access the tables defined in
the database (no matter where the physical tables reside).

As a bonus, all nodes become aware of each other.

The diskless nodes do not have to be known to mnesia
in advance.

/Uffe