Snmp_generic error

Heinrich Venter heinrich@REDACTED
Tue Mar 8 10:40:01 CET 2005

Hi

I give up :)

The snmp_generic module in snmp-4.1.1 does not work.  It gives the same
badmatch error for mnesia, persistant and volatile tables, the same as
snmp-4.0.1

** User error: Invalid return value
{'EXIT',{{badmatch,false},[{snmp_generic,table_info,1},{snmp_generic_mne
sia,table_func,4},{snmpa_agent,get_next_values_all_rows,6},{snmpa_agent,
get_next_table,4},{snmpa_agent,next_loop_varbinds,5},{snmpa_agent,proces
s_pdu,4},{snmpa_agent,handle_pdu,7},{snmpa_agent,handle_info,2}]}} from
{snmp_generic,table_func,[{connectionTable,mnesia}]} (get_next)

As far as I can tell it is because the table_info function tries to
collect information about the table from an internal store where it does
not exist.
This only happens with table_func.  Variable_func works with the
volatile store.

It would seem the only way to make this work is to resort to my own
table functions based on the exaple in the snmp user guide, or to remove
the tables completely.
I used the guidelines given at http://www.drxyzzy.org/mnesia-snmp/ but
cant get it to work.

If any one has gotten this to work, I would dearly like to  hear from
you to compare notes.

Thanks

-]-[einrich

Get LookForMe for business using CellFind
http://asp1.rocketseed.com/RocketSeed/mail/433a32353a313131383330373a33303639373a2d323a323138

This will take you to the Launchpad site for more info
http://asp1.rocketseed.com/RocketSeed/mail/433a32353a313131383330373a33303639373a2d323a333738