Poll: Packages use

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Sat Mar 5 21:27:04 CET 2005

Hi,

While trying to figure out a good model for Erlang projects, for use with
the Eclipse plugin, I thought it would be interesting to find out the answer
to the following questions:

* How many people use packages in their applications?
    it would also be interesting to know if anyone uses them in a commercial
setting.
* How many people plan to start using packages in 6 months to one year from
now?

Also a related, more general question:

* Should the use of packages become widespread, would it be useful to adopt
some naming scheme so that package name clashes are avoided?

<aside>
I think that there's a kind of moment 22: packages won't be used that much
until the OTP release will begin to use them, and OTP won't use them unless
tha user base is wide enough...
</aside>

Thank you. Best regards,
Vlad