doubt on fun

MEENA SELVAM meena_selvam@REDACTED
Sun Jun 19 08:41:04 CEST 2005

Can anyone explain what happens when we use something
like this?

function1()->
             my_fun(
                 param1,
                 fun({p1,p2})->
                     p3 = function2(p1,p2)
                 end ).

where p1, and p2 are some variables whose scope
includes within this function.

My doubt is what happens, when we put the fun as a
parameter to a function. Since the fun is in the body,
will the statements within the fun end block be
executed just like any other expression?

Similarly, what happens when fun... end is used as
part of map as follows?

map(fun(X)->
            {Y,Z}
    end,
    somelist)

In comparison with map(Func, List) applying Func to
each element in the list, what does the above map with
func .... end applies to the list?

I am not clear on this, but I am reading code,  of
these kinds.

meena