Directory structure for non-OTP projects

Claes Wikstom klacke@REDACTED
Tue Jul 19 14:18:26 CEST 2005

Tim Bates wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I'm trying to set up the directory structure for development of my
> project. I'm trying to follow the recommendations in the OTP Design
> Principles but I'm unsure where to get or how to adapt the Makefiles etc
> for use with my own code. I'd also like to use the OTP test_server. Has
> anyone got recommendations (or better, examples) of how to set up a
> development environment? I'm using Linux and vim.

I don't like the OTP build environment one bit. The Makefiles are hard
to read and debug.
If your project is reasonably small you could take a look at the
yaws build environment. It's easier/more naive than otp and doesn't use
any bootscripts at all.

/klacke