jungerl/zlib changes

Gaspar Chilingarov nm@REDACTED
Mon Jul 18 18:49:39 CEST 2005

Tony Rogvall wrote:

> 15 jul 2005 kl. 16.25 skrev Gaspar Chilingarov:
>
>> Hi all!
>>

>> first of all - imho open_port automatically loads external driver,
>> and if I leave it load() call, it will fail for subsequent calls to
>> zlib:compress or zlib:uncompress - because module is already loaded.
>>
>> seconds change - is to have receive command , which will cleanup  port
>> exit message from process queue, if such message exists.
>

> You are right, but the zlib library exists already in the otp (since
> R9C-0?). This means that
> we should stop using the jungerl version (delete from jungerl?).
> Check the otp source code.
>
> Regards
>
> /Tony

I've found it already. Just notices some zlib lines when building
solaris version of erlang :)

But anyway second question remains -- should zlib cleanup caller process
message queue from port's 'EXIT' message?

Are there any useful point of having calling process receive this
message -- this can be somehow confusing, because if my process wants to
receive 'EXIT' messages, lookup them in ets table and somehow restart
died processes(or reopen ports) -- it will be confused receiving message
from unregistred process, which may be error condition for the program.

--
Gaspar Chilingarov
System Administrator

t +37491 419763 (mob)