Same Mnesia database from different Unix processes

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Wed Jul 13 20:20:55 CEST 2005

Den 2005-07-13 18:51:35 skrev Jérôme Desquilbet <jerome@REDACTED>:

> Hello,
> Is it possible to access the same Mnesia database from different Unix
> processes? Like two erl shells or Yaws and an erl shell?
> In my particular case, I would like to use tv on a database that is used
> by a running Yaws.
> I guess this a very basic question, sorry,
>    Jérôme.

You can start the other erlang node with the option
-mnesia extra_db_nodes \[...\], telling mnesia to
fetch a ram-based data dictionary from the node running
yaws. Then, you can access all tables from the other node.

Search the archive for extra_db_nodes to see issues on
quoting etc. in different operating systems if you don't
figure it out on your own.

/Uffe