Meyer, OO and concurrency

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Wed Jul 13 20:16:35 CEST 2005

Den 2005-07-13 18:53:29 skrev todd <todd@REDACTED>:

> Ulf Wiger wrote:
>
>> I'm sure Joe is willing to listen to what other people
>> have experienced when talking to others about Erlang.
>> Hopefully _you_ are aware of whom it is you're trying to
>> educate?
>
> I am not trying to educate anyone, that's way too hard..I am just
> responding to a post. You are free to consider
> me a relic from the age of fax if you wish.

You accounted for the views of others that C++ was a safer
and more all-round choice than Erlang. I suggested that
their views might be colored by lack of knowledge and
experience of the alternative that they were snubbing.
You indicated several times that you didn't necessarily
agree with them. Thus, the "fax anecdote" was not directed
at you.

There may be fax fanatics lurking on erlang-questions -- I
don't know. I've assumed that most of them have little
experience with erlang. Your presence on this list led
me to believe that you see some redeeming qualities in
Erlang after all. ;)

/Uffe