Meyer, OO and concurrency

todd todd@REDACTED
Tue Jul 12 16:35:38 CEST 2005

Peter-Henry Mander wrote:

>I ask myself *why* has it taken soooo long to recognise the need for
>concurrency?

You've always been able to do concurrency, so maybe it wasn't seen as a
dramatic need. I never did. I could always add it. I was happy that Java
had concurrency until I saw how broken it was.

And don't forget you still have a lot of people, especially in the agile
keep it simple camp, that say concurrency is an unecessary complexity.
The exact opposite of seeing concurrency as a fundamental building
block. They have, of course, thrown the baby out with the bath water,
but the attitude is common.