TCP stack throughput

Jani Launonen jabba@REDACTED
Tue Jul 5 16:46:23 CEST 2005

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Joel Reymont wrote:

> Jani,
>
>It does not explain why I was able to get with the C server 3x the connections
>of an Erlang server. All on the same platform! I think this is the key point!

Yes, I'm aware of the difference between C and Erlang implementations, but
I just hoped to find an easy solution to get performance to acceptable
level with Erlang too. Of course it might increase the performance of C
implementation as well but I thought that performance level high enough
(although you probably want all you can get) might make it unnecessary to
make exotic out of Erlang solutions. Just shooting from the hip.

>    Thanks, Joel

No problem. I'm glad if I could contribute something as I've enjoyed
reading about your poker game server.

> On Jul 5, 2005, at 3:55 PM, Jani Launonen wrote:
>
>> Well, I found a page that show how to increase backlog in several operating
>> systems:
>> http://www.douzhe.com/linuxtips/1111.html
>
> --
> http://wagerlabs.com/uptick