TCP stack throughput

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Tue Jul 5 11:50:53 CEST 2005

Well, actually 900 connections on Solaris, with a 60 sec timeout.

That's still not very impressive.

I think one big difference between the erlang implementation
and the c program is that the c program does blocking i/o.

I tried rewriting the tcp_server so that it handles all
connections in one process, one at a time. That didn't
help much. In fact, it got slightly worse. Perhaps not too
surprising...

One could also try to use the basic socket interface, rather
than gen_tcp. I tried simulating that by removing one of the
io:formats (;-)), but that made little difference.

/Uffe