Web interface framework for Erlang and J-EAI

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Tue Jul 5 11:50:21 CEST 2005

Simon Aurell wrote:
> As Mikael mentioned, Yaws is a good idea and is probably what we will
> build it on. I've only got a vague idea of what J-EAI is. How would you
> say it could be used in building in this framework?

Very simple:
The web is slowly moving to some kind of "connected" protocol to replace
HTTP. This is what has been called AJAX, but we are only at the
beginning of the movement. We have "web pages" that basically are client
that refresh themselves while being connected to a back-end server.
J-EAI (and more generally XMPP) can handled this connected part very
nicely. This is a bus that can distribute XML stream to connected client
(or put some info in message queue if needed).

As a transition, xe can use standard HTTP to distribute the web pages
application (Javascript). They can then connect to a J-EAI bus to get
and send realtime event from the back-end server and refresh its view.

This is very roughly the idea and how you can use J-EAI buses to serve
Web based applications.

I hope this helps,

--
Mickaël Rémond