TCP stack throughput

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Tue Jul 5 00:17:52 CEST 2005

Matthias,

I ran your C server and I should say that I'm very unhappy with the
results. Unhappy for Erlang that is. The test runs about twice as
fast and I don't get any connection resets running 1000 simultaneous
connections on Mac OSX 10.4.1.

Granted, I get 0 as the factorial result and the C calculation is
probably way more optimized than the Erlang one but you can still
connect at least 2 times as many clients as we managed to connect
with Erlang on Solaris and 3 times the number I managed to connect
myself.

I invite everyone to run the test and experience the difference.

     Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/tech