FW: TCP stack throughput

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Mon Jul 4 16:39:25 CEST 2005

With {backlog, 1024}, I could do 500 clients on Solaris.
Increasing the connect() timeout to 60 seconds, I could
just barely manage 900. No connections refused or reset.

On Windows 2000, the large backlog enabled 50 clients, but
100 was too much. Lots of 'econnrefused'.

/Uffe

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED
[mailto:owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED]On Behalf Of Jani Launonen
Sent: den 4 juli 2005 16:16
To: Joel Reymont
Cc: Erlang Users' List
Subject: Re: TCP stack throughput

Have you tried to increase the backlog of the listening socket? It defaults
to 5 and you could increase it by using {backlog, 100} option (could be
other than 100) in gen_tcp:listen/2 -function?

I haven't tested it, but just a quick idea.

See listen/2 function at
http://erlang.se/doc/doc-5.4.8/lib/kernel-2.10.9/doc/html/index.html

Hopefully works.

-+-+-+-