SSL Setup Problem

luvish satija luvishsatija@REDACTED
Mon Jul 4 10:36:49 CEST 2005

Hello all,

  I am trying to set up ssl for erlang on my system
but facing some problems. I am using the following
.rel file for making boot script.

{release, {"OTP  APN 181 01","R10B"}, {erts, "5.4.6"},
 [{kernel,"2.10.7"},
   {stdlib,"1.13.7"},
     {ssl, "3.0.5"}]}.

 Now, when I try to call make_script on this, I get
the following warnings:

*WARNING* ssl: Source code not found: 'SSL-PKIX'.erl
*WARNING* ssl: Source code not found:
'PKIX1Algorithms88'.erl
*WARNING* ssl: Source code not found:
'PKIX1Explicit88'.erl
*WARNING* ssl: Source code not found:
'PKIX1Implicit88'.erl
*WARNING* ssl: Source code not found:
'PKIXAttributeCertificate'.erl
*WARNING* ssl: Source code not found: ssl_pkix_oid.erl

             But to my surprise, these files are
actually present on my system ( in directories
/usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/ssl-3.0.5/pkix/ and
/usr/lib/erlang/lib/ssl-3.0.5/pkix/). I have tried
giving all kind of path options like -pa, -pz and in
make_script also, but to no use.

     If I igonore these warnings and start the ssl
system using the produced boot script, then I am not
able to listen on any port using ssl:socket() and
following error is thrown:

=ERROR REPORT==== 4-Jul-2005::13:34:53 ===
** Generic server <0.40.0> terminating
** Last message in was {listen,<0.38.0>,
                               5555,
                               [binary,
                                {packet,0},
                                {active,false},
                                {nodelay,true}]}
** When Server state == {st,listener,
                            <0.31.0>,
                            <0.38.0>,
                            <0.38.0>,
                            nil,
                            true,
                            [],
                            nil,
                            nil,
                            nil,
                            false}
** Reason for termination ==
** {normal,{gen_server,call,
                       [ssl_server,

{listen,<0.40.0>,{0,0,0,0},5555,[],5},
                        infinity]}}

       This error message is beyong my understandings.
If anybody can help me in this regard, I would be
obliged.
Thanks in advance,
/luvish